Iqaluit, NU (October 2, 2014) – Nunasi Corporation in partnerships with Nuna Logistics, NCC Investment Group Inc., Polar Vision Centres Ltd., Nunasi Financial Services and Larga Kitikmeot are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 Nunasi Scholarships;
• Rebecca Mearns, Master of Arts, Geography
• Eileen Kilabuk-Weber, Master of Business Administration – Community Economic Development
• Sophia Lebessie, Masters of Education
• Rhonda Nimiqtaqtuq, Bachelor of Education
• Gayle Kabloona, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Urban Studies
• Diane Marin, Bachelor of Science, Major in Kinesiology
• Gerald Anawak, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Geography
• Stephanie Kootoo-Chiarello, Bachelor of Arts Honours, Major in Human Rights
• Zachary Cousins, Bachelor of Engineering;
• Nadia Sammurtok, Bachelor of Education;
• Anita Uuttuvak, Psychology Undergraduate Degree;
• Mary Jewell, Optician License receives the Glenna Zelinski Polar Vision Scholarship;
• And Lori Tagoona, BBA – Business Accounting receives the Nunasi Financial Services Scholarship.
“We had many very good applicants. These students have demonstrated their commitment to their studies through their academic performance and dedication to attaining their respective degrees.” said Archie Angnakak, CEO, Nunasi Corporation.
Each scholarship is $2500. Glenna Zelinski (1970 – 2002) worked with Polar Vision Centres from 1994 to 2002. She was a dedicated employee who showed compassion for all customers. In memory of Glenna, Polar Vision and Nunasi are pleased to award a scholarship in her name.
The Nunasi Financial Services Scholarship is designated for
accounting students. Lori Tagoona, studying to earn her BBA is the inaugural recipient.
Follow us on twitter and like us on Facebook: