This scholarship is an annual program sponsored by Nunasi Corporation for Beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims. Applicants must be enrolled in a recognized, accredited educational institution in secondary, technical, college, university or adult education program for the 2016/17 school year. The Nunasi Scholarship has been established to encourage our beneficiaries to continue with their education and pursue academic excellence.
- Post Secondary (College, Technical School or University)
- Exceptional mature students completing work towards high school graduation may also be considered
11 Scholarships at $2,500 each. (including the Polar Vision Centres, Glenna Zelinski Scholarship)
- be enrolled as a Nunavut Beneficiary with Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. (NTI)
- submit an enrollment or acceptance letter at an appropriate accredited institution (accredited high school, college, university, technical or adult education program)
be enrolled as full-time students in the upcoming semester
- submit two reference letters from non-family members
- submit a completed Application Form
- submit your most recent transcript with your application to support academic performance
- be in need of financial assistance
All criteria must be received by August 31, 2016 in order to be eligible.
(Scholarship winners will be notified by September 30, 2016)
Applicants will be rated by:
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Academic Performance
- Volunteerism and Community Involvement
- Having carefully considered their career goals
- Extra Curricular Participation (e.g. sports, drama, music, hobbies, traditional skills, etc.)
- Career goals that contribute to the enhancement of Nunavut
- Financial need
A scholarship recipient must re-apply each academic year for consideration. Recipients must submit all required information and documentation yearly. They will be considered equally with all other applicants. A recipient may receive the Nunasi Corporation scholarship a maximum of three times. Scholarships awarded will be paid in October after receipt of additional information i.e. Picture, completion of TD1 forms.
The Scholarships are made possible by:
Nunasi Corporation, Nuna Group of Companies, Larga Kitikmeot, NCC Investment Group Inc., Larga Ltd., and Polar Vision Centres.